Microsoft Identity Solutions with Azure Active Directory, on-premises AD FS and AD
Who is the Microsoft Identity Masterclass with John Craddock for?
This 5-day Identity Masterclass with John Craddock is for those who wish to learn how identity solutions offered by Azure Active Directory, on-premises AD FS and AD can help you build identity systems for the future.
If you are new to Azure AD, note that we go quickly through the basics and dive-deep into the details. So to gain the maximum from this class and the hands-on labs, you will need to have basic computer administrator’s skills. For example, you will need to know how to:
- Create groups, OUs and group policies in on-premises AD
- Check if a service is running
- Add a DNS record
- Add an URL to the browsers Intranet zone
Application developers who are tasked with integrating authentication and authorization with Microsoft Azure and/or on-premises AD FS will greatly benefit from the detailed coverage. Code development is not included in the class, but you will learn about all of the configuration requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: The Masterclass can only be attended in person in the classroom. We find that attendees prefer to work with their own laptop (this is partly so that any necessary configuration changes are available after the course), but we can provide a PC if you would rather not.
John Craddock’s Identity Masterclass is a high-energy, action-packed event, crammed with solid information and tips. Over 5 days, John will help build your knowledge and consolidate your new skills with over 37 hands-on labs.
Through the extensive use of hands-on labs, attendees will learn fundamentals and principles, and how to deploy and troubleshoot solutions. In-depth knowledge will be gained through the use of tools such as Fiddler, to analyze and understand the protocol flows.
The hands-on labs are all run in a cloud-based virtual environment that will be available to you for 60 days after the course is completed. This will allow you to do the labs again and test out other ideas.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand how the identity solutions offered by Azure Active Directory, on-premises AD FS and AD can help you build identity systems for the future using protocols that include OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0
- Know how to authenticate and provide authorization factors to applications that can be located on-premises or in the cloud. The source of identity of the users could be from your own corporate network, your Azure AD domain, a partner organization and/or a social identity provider such as Facebook or Google.
See the course outline for detail!
About John Craddock
John Craddock is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and has been involved in Microsoft solutions since the early days of Windows and Windows NT. John spoke on Active Directory at the Windows 2000 launch events and has focused on identity solutions since the first release of AD FS for Windows Server 2003.
He is an identity and security architect and has been involved in many IT projects for industry leaders including Microsoft, the UK Government and multi-nationals. He is a well-known international speaker, and has delivered this Masterclass to professionals throughout the world.
What’s the difference between the Identity Masterclass with John Craddock and the Azure AD course?
The 5-day Identity Masterclass with John Craddock dives more deeply into detail and covers:
- Authentication protocols and associated trouble-shooting
- Managing Azure AD using the portals, PowerShell and graph APIs
- Hybrid considerations including web app proxy, pass-through authentication and AD FS
- Working with SaaS, WS-federation, OAuth2.0 apps, and supporting WIA apps in a claims environment
- Enabling B2B and B2C
The Azure AD course is a 3-day foundation course and covers:
- Extending AD into the cloud
- Enabling O365, protecting cloud identities and data using identity protection, conditional access and information protection
- Group management, self-service, and the Myapps portal