Who is our Azure Active Directory course for?
Our Azure AD course is designed for IT support staff, IT consultants and architects, pre-sales technical support staff, tech-savvy business decision-makers and department heads who:
- Need to know how to configure and implement AD Connect and Azure AD Premium for cloud hybrid identity, and manage secure access to data
- Have some basic understanding of admin tasks such as:
- creating users in Active Directory
- using simple commands in a command or PowerShell prompt
Attendees should have some knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, and SharePoint and a good grasp of general Windows concepts, including authentication and authorization, shares and permissions.
The hands-on labs – which are crucial to a proper understanding of the topics covered – have been made as realistic as possible. So for example, students will buy a real domain, and fully implement EM+S/O365 with public email, and real certificates for Single Sign-on. Students may keep this sandbox environment for future use.
The labs are complex and reflect issues you will have in the real world – you will have to diagnose and fix some deliberate configuration problems – it’s extremely worthwhile!
“This was, by FAR, the best training I’ve received in years! I loved how ‘lab heavy’ the course was. I learned so much from working through the labs.”
Note that an essential part of the lab environment is that it has a real domain and real certificates and a real Microsoft Azure trial. To facilitate this students will have to provide a credit card. The total cost will not exceed £20/$30, unless you choose to continue to use the environment after the course.
At the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Configure AD Connect and Azure AD Premium to build realistic scenarios
- Synchronize on premises AD information with (cloud) Azure AD using AD Connect, including users, their passwords, and groups/distribution lists
- Manage access to applications, services and data using static, dynamic and self-service groups
- Configure self-service password reset
- Implement multi-factor authentication to protect key accounts, and step-up authentication for sensitive applications
- Implement additional Azure AD security features such as identity protection, and information protection
Want to know more about this course? Hugh, our CEO, talks in more detail about it in this webinar, recorded in November 2015.
What’s the difference between this Azure AD course and the Identity Masterclass?
This Azure AD course is a 3-day foundation course and covers:
- Extending AD into the cloud
- Enabling O365, protecting cloud identities and data using identity protection, conditional access and information protection
- Group management, self-service, and the Myapps portal
The Identity Masterclass dives more deeply into detail over 5 days. We cover:
- Authentication protocols
- Azure AD, PowerShell and graph APIs
- Hybrid considerations including web app proxy, pass-through authentication and AD FS
- Working with SaaS, WS-federation, OAuth2.0 apps, and claims-aware apps
- Enabling B2B and B2C