Who is our Azure AD training course for?
Our Azure AD course is designed for IT support staff, IT consultants and architects, pre-sales technical support staff, tech-savvy business decision-makers and department heads who:
- Need to know how to configure and implement AD Connect and Azure AD Premium for cloud hybrid identity, and manage secure access to data
- Have some basic understanding of admin tasks such as:
- creating users in Active Directory
- using simple commands in a command or PowerShell prompt
Attendees should have some knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, and SharePoint and a good grasp of general Windows concepts, including authentication and authorization, shares and permissions.
This exceptionally practical training comprises presentations, discussions, demonstrations, and a lot of hands-on exercises.
The hands-on labs – which are crucial to a proper understanding of the topics covered – have been made as realistic as possible. So for example, students will buy a real domain, and fully implement EM+S/O365 with public email, and real certificates for Single Sign-on. Students may keep this sandbox environment for future use.
The labs are complex and reflect issues you will have in the real world – you will have to diagnose and fix some deliberate configuration problems – it’s extremely worthwhile!
“This was, by FAR, the best training I’ve received in years! I loved how ‘lab heavy’ the course was. I learned so much from working through the labs.”
Note that an essential part of the lab environment is that it has a real domain and real certificates and a real Microsoft Azure trial. To facilitate this students will have to provide a credit card. The total cost will not exceed £20/$30, unless you choose to continue to use the environment after the course.
At the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Configure AD Connect and Azure AD Premium to build realistic scenarios
- Synchronize on premises AD information with (cloud) Azure AD using AD Connect, including users, their passwords, and groups/distribution lists
- Manage access to applications, services and data using static, dynamic and self-service groups
- Configure self-service password reset
- Implement multi-factor authentication to protect key accounts, and step-up authentication for sensitive applications
- Implement additional Azure AD security features such as identity protection, and information protection
This course is now offered as a private course only.
Our NEW 3-day Azure AD Connect Masterclass is now available as a live instructor-led course, in the classroom in person or via Skype.