Who is the Azure AD Connect Masterclass for?
Our NEW Azure AD Connect (AAD Connect) Course is a 3-day Masterclass aimed at architects and administrators responsible for connecting their on-premises Active Directory with an Azure Active Directory tenant.
Many organizations use AAD Connect in its ‘out of the box’ form, but there is so much more that it can do. AAD Connect is a critical part of the IT infrastructure, and this Masterclass will show you how it works and how it should be configured and maintained.
The course covers both the ‘easy’ things (installation and configuration using the wizard) as well as ‘harder’ things, like multi-forest configuration and the configuration of single sign-on.
Familiarity with Active Directory and basic concepts of authentication will be advantageous – the same goes for Exchange (unless you will never use it).
AAD Connect is based on Microsoft Identity Manager, and while we will call out similarities and differences, no prior knowledge is required – and the same goes for Azure Active Directory.
This Azure AD Connect course is exceptionally practical training and comprises presentations, discussions, demonstrations, and a lot of hands-on exercises. The hands-on labs – which are crucial to a proper understanding of the topics covered – have been made as realistic as possible. So for example, students will use a real domain and fully implement AAD Connect in various configurations. The labs are complex and reflect issues you will face in the real world.
At the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Identify appropriate installation and configuration options depending on the environment
- Understand when to use/not to use Microsoft Identity Manager versus, or with, AAD Connect
- Configure AD Connect beyond the Wizard install
- Select and implement appropriate authentication options
- Manage, operate, troubleshoot, upgrade and uninstall AAD Connect
- Understand the implications and options with respect to M&A, carve-outs, non-AD and cloud HR scenarios
- Understand how to implement more complex scenarios such as Exchange hybrid and multi-forest
- Understand unsupported scenarios and features (and the consequences of implementing unsupported scenarios)
- And much more…
This course has been jointly produced by OCG Learning, Andreas Kjellman, formerly MIM and Azure AD Connect Program Manager for Microsoft, and Jimmy Andersson, MVP Enterprise Mobility. Between them there is not much they don’t know about MIM and Azure AD Connect.
There is very little overlap between this AAD Connect Masterclass and the Identity Masterclass
The Identity Masterclass with John Craddock uses AAD Connect in its simplest out of the box configuration. On this course we examine it deeply. This AAD Connect Masterclass covers authentication only to the extent that is needed to demonstrate the different configuration options, while the Identity Masterclass examines authentication issues in detail.